Angelia Vernon Menchan, Serialist...

Angelia Vernon Menchan is an avid serial writer. Her goal is to engage readers in ongoing stories filled with people like them, who they can grow to know. Some will inspire love and devotion, others rage and ridicule, perhaps. They will all inspire feelings and generate conversation!


JUST LOVE...
email: acvermen@yahoo.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

WOMANISH: HOW SHE SURVIVED Coming in June Preorder





What is WomanIsh? It's all the things women go through. The day to day ish, the man ish, the raising kids ish, the I earn lots of money but still wanna be cherished ish, the I'm more than my womb ish... The what you mean I'm old ish... Sound familiar?
All of this and more is in WomanIsh: What She Survived, coming in June.


Excerpt: Her Unempowerment:




Men found Betta to be everything black men dreamed of at the time, she had light skin, was thin but shapely and could be sexy without trying. Many men vied for her attention throughout her late teens through her thirties but she ultimately
became involved with a violent man, who thought he owned her. At age thirty nine she was running for her life from one violent man, straight into the arms of another

Excerpt: I Had His Children... He Didn't Put A Ring On It



"Pregnant? I thought your doctor gave you some sponge or something?"
"I guess it didn't work." She said, watching him and his demeanor change.
He stood pacing around before he turned to her.
"You can't have it. I told my mama I wouldn't have no more babies." She stared at him in shock. He was weeks away from his thirty first birthday.

"Your mama?" A curl of derision filled her tone.
"Yea. I live with her. I'm all she's got and she's sickly. This might kill her." Sissy stood, brushing off her skirt.
"I'm having this baby. If your last child didn’t kill her, neither will this one. Deal with your mama and I'll deal with my brothers."












No comments:

Post a Comment